subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: [Patch] Expression support for SVNPath and SVNParentPath
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2015 14:23:29 GMT
On 27 Feb 2015, at 2:14 AM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:

> By way of background, I added the regex named grouping support to httpd that allowed
you to do stuff like <LocationMatch ^/svn/(?<CUSTOMERNAME>[^/]+)/>, and I’ve
been adding expression support to a growing list of httpd directives, starting with all the
require directives, and then following up with Alias and Redirect.

> What I’m trying to achieve is to lower the cost of httpd directives, both in terms
of the amount of config required to achieve a certain aim, as well as making it possible to
administer an httpd server (and svn repository) using changes to an LDAP directory only.

> I chose the two argument layout for SVNPath and SVNParentPath as it was both backwards
compatible with existing configs and had the side effect that the expression could be rooted
below a specific root directory for safety, given that the directory pointed at by SVNPath
isn’t protected (to my knowledge) by <Directory> blocks. It also had the side effect
that SVNParentPath could give us a list of repositories rather nicely.

Here is an updated patch below that fixes the return issue (apr_pstrcat does nothing) and
some formatting.

I have found a new issue - mod_dav_svn (and mod_dav itself) don’t work properly inside a
<LocationMatch>, This is caused as the raw regex is passed as the path, which then triggers
an assertion failure inside libsvn. This needs an httpd fix, will look at that in the mean
time.

Regards,
Graham
—