subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: Testing equality between svnrdump and svnadmin dump
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2015 13:13:08 GMT
I attach the latest version of my dump/load cross-checking patch.

Do we want to commit this? I think we should. It has been very useful in uncovering dump/load
bugs and inconsistencies.

It needs a bit more work first, as noted in the log message:

### TODO:
  - Put back the dumpfile parser's ability to check for well-formed dumpfile
    contents, which has been temporarily stripped out here in order to
    achieve more generic parsing, as some dump/load tests rely on that.

  - Bypass authz when dumping with svnrdump, otherwise a partial dump is
    obtained for tests using authz, making those tests fail.

  - Make optional -- enabled by a configure option?

- Julian