subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Phippard <markp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [serf-dev] serf errors on responses bigger than 4GB
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 14:36:48 GMT
On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 10:03 AM, Philip Martin <philip.martin@wandisco.com>
wrote:

> "C. Michael Pilato" <cmpilato@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > The log message for r2419 mentions "files" larger than 4Gb, and leads me
> > to believe that this problem only affects GETs.  But here, Philip avoids
> > the term "files" and talks about the "compressed size".  Does the bug
> > fixed in r2419 manifest on any response > 4GB, such as a bulk-mode
> > REPORT carrying a whole Subversion tree that's larger than 4GB?
>
> I can trigger the decompression error on a 5GB REPORT by setting
> http-bulk-updates=yes on the client side.

This does not really answer the question.

Was your REPORT 5GB because it had a single file > 4GB or because it had
tens of thousands of small files?  Mike's question is about the latter.

Does Serf only fail when decompressing a single large file, or also if the
entire REPORT response happens to be > 4 GB?  The latter probably would be
a much more common problem to run into if it can happen.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/