subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Martin <phi...@codematters.co.uk>
Subject Re: [serf-dev] serf errors on responses bigger than 4GB
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 14:16:16 GMT
Philip Martin <philip.martin@wandisco.com> writes:

> "C. Michael Pilato" <cmpilato@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The log message for r2419 mentions "files" larger than 4Gb, and leads me
>> to believe that this problem only affects GETs.  But here, Philip avoids
>> the term "files" and talks about the "compressed size".  Does the bug
>> fixed in r2419 manifest on any response > 4GB, such as a bulk-mode
>> REPORT carrying a whole Subversion tree that's larger than 4GB?
>
> I can trigger the decompression error on a 5GB REPORT by setting
> http-bulk-updates=yes on the client side.

When error is produced for a REPORT the client has successfully produced
a working copy containing the large file in the correct place.  I
suppose this means that the error triggers after reading/parsing the XML
that makes up the report.

When the error occurs on a GET the large file has also been successfully
downloaded but is left as a temporary file in .svn/tmp and not installed
in the pristine store or the working copy.

--
Philip