subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: r1631686 - remove tools/client-side/showchange.pl
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2014 14:40:52 GMT
On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 12:07:48PM +0100, Julian Foad wrote:
> Stefan Sperling wrote:
>
> > Log:
> > * tools/client-side/showchange.pl: Remove. The same functionality can be
> >    obtained natively with 'svn log --diff'.
>
> I thought we treated our 'tools' as permanently supported, subject to more or less the
same back-compat rules as the core stuff. Do we not?

> - Julian

Perhaps. I'm not sure exactly what promises we make here.

But this particular script is a trivial one and it wasn't even installed by
make install-tools. I doubt it is still relevant, and don't think it's really
worth arguing about. The built-in alternative is clearly superior.