subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fuhrmann <stefan.fuhrm...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1615412 - /subversion/branches/authzperf/subversion/libsvn_subr/config.c
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2014 19:20:20 GMT
On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 7:21 AM, Branko Čibej <brane@wandisco.com> wrote:

>  On 06.08.2014 07:19, Branko Čibej wrote:
>
> On 03.08.2014 17:41, stefan2@apache.org wrote:
>
> Author: stefan2
> Date: Sun Aug  3 15:41:02 2014
> New Revision: 1615412

> Log:
> * subversion/libsvn_subr/config.c
>   (svn_config_create2,
>    svn_config_get_config,
>    svn_config__get_default_config,
>    svn_config_addsection,
>    svn_config_copy_config): Use our custom hash function for faster
>                             insertion and lookup.
>

> Stefan, there's no reason to do this on the authzperf branch; it has very
> little to do with authz performance, and it just clutters up the diff wrt.
> trunk for no really good reason.
>
> If you really think this change is worthwhile, then it's OK to do it on
> trunk –- *after* we branch 1.9.

I made this change in conjunction of authz tuning. So, yes it is
a general improvement and could have been made on /trunk
directly if we weren't about to branch off 1.9, but it is not entirely
unrelated to the purpose of the authzperf branch.

> Same for r1615419, IMO.

This can be merged to trunk independently from other changes.

But concerning the initial commit going to this branch, I think
this is a borderline case. It doubled authz parsing throughput.
With your new data model, the relative gain of this change will
eventually be even greater.

-- Stefan^2.