subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Moving some of our tools to "main" subversion
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2014 18:48:32 GMT
On 29.08.2014 20:12, Julian Foad wrote:
> Please everyone calm down.
>
> From scanning this conversation, it looks like the main technical substance is that a
commit exposed some symbols wrongly, and the layering of the functionality may need to be
improved. Or something like that. (Exactly what the technical issues are, is not the point
of this email.)

> ** This is not a crisis. **

Yes, it is. I'm referring to the fact that we're in the situation that
one developer's commits are /a priori/ considered suspect by another
developer. This state of affairs has been escalating for months, for
reasons that are not entirely clear to me; but it needs to stop, not be
waved off as just another technical disagreement.

There's been an unacceptable lack of good judgement displayed on both
sides of the fence. I do not want this community to blow up over what
is, when all is said and done, a series of rather trivial technical
details. I also do not want to see this ludicrous ping-pong of changes
and vetos continue indefinitely.

-- Brane

--
Branko ─îibej | Director of Subversion
WANdisco | Realising the impossibilities of Big Data