subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: Improving gpg-agent support
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 08:08:05 GMT
On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 06:59:01PM -0700, Ben Reser wrote:
> Subversion currently tells gpg-agent when prompting the user for a password to
> confirm the password by asking the user to re-enter it.  This choice appears to
> have been made because gpg-agent will cache a password without knowing for sure
> that the password is correct.

I think the reason this choice was made was that we didn't consider
the alternatives you've outlined. I distinctly remember trying to
get pinentry to behave in some other way. We cannot control the
question shown by the second prompt (it always says "please re-enter
the passphrase" or something like that) and I remember trying very
hard to work around that but eventually giving up on it.

> Because of these things I believe the patch should be applied and the later two
> things should be iterated on top of that.

I don't see why not.