subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Johan Corveleyn <jcor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.7.17 up for testing/signing
Date Tue, 06 May 2014 16:48:01 GMT
On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Ben Reser <ben@reser.org> wrote:
> On 4/30/14, 2:00 PM, Ben Reser wrote:
>> The 1.7.17 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
>> Please get the tarballs from
>>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
>> and add your signatures there.  I plan to try and release on May 7th so please
>> try and get your votes/signatures in place by May 5th.
>
> We're at 2 votes for Unix, 1 for Windows.  Johan said he was working on voting
> for Windows.  So we need one person to vote for Unix and one for Windows.  Like
> I said on the 1.8.9 thread, I suspect we won't be able to release tomorrow.

Given the (non-reproducible) failure I had with upgrade_tests-29 with
1.7.17 [1], I stopped testing and am a bit reluctant to sign the
release. I won't veto it either, but if I don't have at least a
hypothesis of why this failure happened, I'm not inclined to sign it.

Whatever happened, it's unlikely that it's a regression (i.e. chances
are that I could also have run into this with 1.8.x or trunk), but
still ... I don't like it.

Ideas welcome :-).

[1] http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2014-05/0037.shtml

--