subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject warning: always_inline function might not be inlinable
Date Wed, 28 May 2014 01:41:01 GMT
Building latest trunk with gcc 4.7:

subversion/libsvn_fs_fs/index.c:351:1: warning: always_inline function might not be inlinable
[-Wattributes]
subversion/libsvn_fs_x/index.c:356:1: warning: always_inline function might not be inlinable
[-Wattributes]
subversion/libsvn_fs_x/index.c:339:1: warning: always_inline function might not be inlinable
[-Wattributes]
subversion/libsvn_ra_svn/marshal.c:398:1: warning: always_inline function might not be inlinable
[-Wattributes]

If the inlining is really required, we should fix the code such that it
either inlines the function or fails to compile, rather than this
halfway mode.

If inline is not required, we should demote the always_inline to a plain
APR_INLINE, which should sidestep the warning.