subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1591301 -/subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_client/mergeinfo.c
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 13:08:37 GMT
Bert Huijben wrote:
> Are you sure that it doesn't return the mergeinfo as it applies to the
> target, even if it has found that information by looking at the parent?
> (That is what I tried to say)

Hi, Bert. Note the comment on the code I changed:

  /* Get the TARGET_WCPATH's explicit mergeinfo. */

That comment describes exactly what the code was doing (in a long-winded way), and what it
still is doing now (more succinctly). I think the reason why it was originally written in
that long-winded way is
because the 'get explicit only' option to that API was not available
when that code was first written.
Before my change:

    svn_client__get_wc_mergeinfo(&target_mergeinfo, &inherited,
                                 svn_mergeinfo_inherited,

gets the mergeinfo as it applies to the target path, even if it has found that information
by looking at the parent, as you say. But if it finds that information from a parent, it sets
the 'inherited' output flag to true. And then the code said, if we got that info by inheriting
it, then just return.

Now, instead of allowing this function call to get inherited mergeinfo which we don't want,
we just ask it not to get inherited mergeinfo. The end result is identical.

- Julian