subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Lefevre <vincent-...@vinc17.net>
Subject Re: svn cleanup and unreferenced pristines
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2014 09:30:35 GMT
On 2014-01-10 14:11:08 -0500, C. Michael Pilato wrote:
> Just a reminder that there can be performance benefits to not being too
> aggressive in our pristine purging, since update-style operations will
> consult the pristine cache before slurping file contents from the
> server.

If the working copy is the on same machine as the server, this doesn't
make much sense to keep unreferenced pristines.

Moreover if you want to speed up things, keeping pristines may not
be the right way (in particular if the whole files are kept, not
deltas). Caching the repository or a part of the repository may be
better.