subversion-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ben Reser <...@reser.org>
Subject Re: build-svn-deps-win.pl: error testing pcre
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2013 21:28:36 GMT
On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 2:07 PM, Johan Corveleyn <jcorvel@gmail.com> wrote:
> After that, I think it's the httpd build, but that fails with "Error:
> The specified project must be converted before it can be built.". This
> is the last part of the output:
>
> [[[
> Converted project httpd.dsp to 2005 in .
> Converted project libhttpd.dsp to 2005 in .
> Converted project mod_access_compat.dsp to 2005 in ./modules/aaa
> Converted project mod_allowmethods.dsp to 2005 in ./modules/aaa
> ...
> Converted project rotatelogs.dsp to 2005 in ./support
> Converted project wintty.dsp to 2005 in ./support/win32
> Upgrading Apache.dsw (this may take a while)
>
> Microsoft (R) Visual Studio Version 10.0.40219.1.
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.
>
> Error: The specified project must be converted before it can be built.
>
> Error: The specified project must be converted before it can be built.
> ...
>
> Error: The specified project must be converted before it can be built.
>
> Error: The specified project must be converted before it can be built.
>
> Information:
> This project/solution does not require conversion.
> Failed to rename srclib\apr-util\dbm\apr_dbm_db.vcxproj to
> srclib\apr-util\dbm\apr_dbm_db.vcxproj.bdb: No such file or directory
> at C:\research\svn\client_build\deps\build-svn-deps-win.pl line 228.
> ]]]
>
> (I'm using VS 2010, so perhaps that's the problem? Why are the
> projects "only" converted to 2005?)

That output is very confusing but let me explain.

The cvtdsp.pl script is actually just converting the /D define flag
that the older Visual Studio (2005?) converter parses incorrectly.  I
don't think that script is needed, but I included it because it
doesn't hurt anything with newer versions of Visual Studio and I hoped
it would help with older versions.  The reason it says 2005 is because
the cvtdsp.pl script only supports up to 2005.

The errors about the specified project must be converted basically
comes down to this.  Visual Studio 2005 through Visual Studio 2010 can
not convert the old VC6 (.dsw/dsp) files with the /Upgrade option from
the command line.  Rather than telling you that, it just throws
bizarre errors like you're seeing.  Visual Studio 2012 is the first
version that actually fixes this.  I did all the work of that script
with Visual Studio 2012 so I didn't run into this issue.

I did a bunch of work on that script this week to try and make it
functional with Visual Studio 2010 and make it usable with Subversion
1.7.x (in the hope that I could use this to sign off on 1.7.10 for
Windows).  I haven't committed it yet because I haven't resolved
intermittent failures in some of the projects.  Specfically I'm
getting the tlog errors caused by httpd's build system reusing the
same intermediate directory for multiple things.  The workaround for
that I used with Visual Studio 2012, while still helpful with Visual
Studio 2010 doesn't resolve the problem entirely.

I'll go ahead and commit the work that I did earlier, which should get
you further (you'll have to do a little clicking in the IDE to convert
the httpd project) but it won't solve that issue, so you may have to
run more than one build to get a completed build.  I haven't tried
building trunk with Visual Studio 2010, but I'm having some odd
failures with 1.7.10, though based on some digging it seems like
they're related to the way neon builds with Visual Studio 2010.

Mime
View raw message