subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [serf-dev] Serf issue #102 and 1.8.0 release timing
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 18:58:56 GMT
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 10:22 AM, C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato@collab.net> wrote:
> On the other hand, Serf 1.2.0 is the only available public Serf release with
> which Subversion 1.8.0 can operate[2], which really rather limits folks'
> Unfortunately, there is as yet no public Serf release to date which contains
> the fix for this problem.

Released. 1.2.1 is up on Google Code, and messages sent out.

> I'll suggest that the answer is found in how we'd track the issue locally.
> "Subversion requires Serf 1.2.1" would be a reasonable issue description.
> It would naturally be a 1.8.0 blocking issue.  It's resolution (on our end,
> at least) would be simple -- some build system twiddling is all.  What
> remains, then, is the determination of whether those changes (and it is
> arguably fair to consider all the changes made between Serf 1.2.0 and 1.2.1,
> here, too) are destabilizing or not.  If they are considered destabilizing,

Nah. They're fine.

But I'll go one step further: you shouldn't care at all.

I could release 1.2.2 tomorrow with all kinds of crap. Or maybe the
day after 1.8.0 goes final. Not much you can do about it. Subversion
needs to soak its own code, not the entire dependency stack.

Cheers,
-g