subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan K√ľng <tortoise...@gmail.com>
Subject crash when merging
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 18:13:23 GMT
Hi,

I've got a small problem. As reported on the TSVN mailing list here:
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=3057019

an automatic merge can crash.

The command line client does not, because it first checks the
relationship of the urls:
merge-cmd.c, line 109ff:
SVN_ERR_W(svn_cl__check_related_source_and_target(
		  sourcepath1, &peg_revision1,
		  targetpath, &unspecified_revision, ctx, scratch_pool),
	_("Source and target must be different but related branches"));

To reproduce the crash with the CL client, simply remove that check and
do the merge.

Now what should I do in TSVN? That check API is internal, so it's not
available for TSVN. How can I reject the merge before calling
svn_client_merge_peg5 to avoid the crash?

And why is that check not done in svn_client_merge_peg5 if it's required
to do so?

Stefan

--
        ___