subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <danie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Media-Type for SVNPubSub
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2013 02:48:36 GMT
On Sat, Jun 01, 2013 at 07:07:10PM -0700, Ben Reser wrote:
> I was hoping someone else would weigh in here.  But I guess not.
>
> On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You guys are over-thinking it. Simply state this format is ASF-wide
> > and be done with it.
>
> Okay but should we ask anyone before we go and start using something
> like application/vnd.apache.pubsub+json?  Daniel seemed to think we
> shouldn't use the apache namespace without talking to operations.

To clarify: the point here isn't to add red tape; the point is not to stomp on
a shared namespace.  In "vnd.apache.pubsub", "Apache Pubsub" is neither a PMC
nor a product.  If any PMC registers arbitrary unix names of things in a shared
namespace, the result would be confusing.

Anyway, wrt concerns raised so far, I'll mention a few more permutations:
application/vnd.svn-pubsub+json
application/vnd.pubsub-stream+json
application/vnd.svn-pubsub-stream+json