subversion-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Paul Burba <ptbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: r1438683 - issue #4306 'multiple editor drive file merges record wrong mergeinfo during conflicts'
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 02:03:35 GMT
On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Julian Foad <julianfoad@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> Paul Burba wrote:
>
>> Julian Foad wrote:
>>> I (Julian Foad) wrote on 2013-01-31:
>>>
>>>> Hi Paul.  Not sure about this...
>>>
>>> 1441810 fixes this and extends the test.
>>
>> Thanks Julian.
>>
>> I added r1441810 to the issue #4306 group on 1.7.x, with the caveat
>> that property conflicts are not handled properly in 1.7, rendering
>> your latest version of the test problematic on that branch -- see
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/subversion/branches/1.7.x/STATUS?r1=1442368&r2=1442367&pathrev=1442368
>
> OK, but something's lost in the translation.  You say you "reworked the earlier version
of test to demonstrate the problem r1441810 fixes", but it fixes two problems (quoting from
the log msg):
>
> (1) It didn't abort if there were conflicts on the last sub-range of a non-last
> requested range.  (2) When aborting with conflicts it recorded mergeinfo
> describing only the current sub-range, not the sub-ranges merged before the
> conflict.
>
> Your test only specifies a single range ("all") to merge, so it can't test (1).
>
>
> Something looks wrong in this hunk of your change, at least with the comment:
>
>    # Previously this test failed because the merge failed after merging
> -  # only r2 (as it should) but mergeinfo for r5-6 was recorded, preventing
> +  # only r5 (as it should) but only mergeinfo for r5 was recorded, even
> +  # though preventing
>    # subsequent repeat merges from applying the operative r5.
>    svntest.actions.run_and_verify_svn(
>      "Incorrect mergeinfo set during conflict aborted merge",
> -    ['/iota:2-4\n'], [], 'pg', SVN_PROP_MERGEINFO, iota_copy_path)
> +    ['/iota:2-6\n'], [], 'pg', SVN_PROP_MERGEINFO, iota_copy_path)
>
> On trunk, there were two previous buggy behaviours: most recently, mergeinfo for only
r5 would have been recorded here, but before your initial fix (and, I guess, in 1.7.x) mergeinfo
for the whole requested range (including in this case r3, r5, r7) was recorded; the latter
is therefore what we want to mention here.
>
> - Julian

In r1445454 I did what I probably should have done from the start:
Take your version test (rather than my earlier version) and use it as
a template for a 1.7 test that simple replaces the prop edits on
'A/mu' with text edits.  The test coverage should now be as identical
as possible on the 1.7.x-issue4306 branch and trunk.

-- 
Paul T. Burba
CollabNet, Inc. -- www.collab.net -- Enterprise Cloud Development
Skype: ptburba

Mime
View raw message