subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Hyrum K Wright <hyrum.wri...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Compressed Pristines (Summary)
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 12:03:34 GMT
On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 6:45 AM, Julian Foad <julianfoad@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> Daniel Shahaf wrote:
>> [Managing uncompressed copies of files] is certainly a -minor-
>> complication we'll have to deal with. It's just a technicality,
>
> That's great, because I believe that is the only significant issue that needs to be solved
in order to get a simple compressed pristine store completely working to the point where it
could be released.

Same here.  As long as our APIs for interacting with some external
tools consist of "provide a valid filename" there will be some cost if
everything has to be decompressed / exported-from-SQLite before we can
use it.  Admittedly, many users don't use external tools at all, but
the people who do probably rely upon them heavily.

I'm glad we've found a way to relegate this problem to a "minor...technicality."

-Hyrum

--

uberSVN: Apache Subversion Made Easy
http://www.uberSVN.com/