subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Martin <philip.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Subversion BDB doesn't work with Apache 2.4 event MPM
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 18:35:35 GMT
Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> writes:

> On Apr 5, 2012 2:10 PM, "Daniel Shahaf" <danielsh@elego.de> wrote:
>>
>> Greg Stein wrote on Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 14:05:31 -0400:

>> > Can we at least implement a detection for this situation and fail
>> > to start?  Maybe mod_dav_svn would query the mpm type, and the fs
>> > type. We could at least backport that to 1.7.x pretty quickly.

The FS type of what?  A repository?  I suppose mod_dav_svn could go
looking for repositories in the various Locations at startup, but
generally we don't get to see a repository until the first request.
Or the FS type of the FS modules?

>> No need.  1.7.x doesn't compile against 2.4 for other reasons (API
>> changes).  I've patched them on trunk but vetoed the backport pending
>> resolution of the BDB hangs.
>
> That prevents somebody from using BDB with the 2.4 worker mpm.

The 2.4 worker MPM doesn't trigger the assertion I added or any valgrind
errors so it doesn't have the problem at present.  Obviously that could
change.  The problem may well exist with 1.7 and the 2.2. event MPM, but
that MPM is 'experimental'.

--
uberSVN: Apache Subversion Made Easy
http://www.uberSVN.com