subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fuhrmann <eq...@web.de>
Subject Re: The recent svn_string_create_empty() function
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 06:18:34 GMT
Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Julian Foad wrote on Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 18:09:19 +0100:
>> For comments, please:
>> [[[Tweak the recently introduced svn_stringbuf_create_empty() function.
>>
>> Unlike with svn_string_create_empty() which produces an immutable
>> string, the resulting string buffer is often going to have data
>> appended to it.
> I don't see an issue with it.  +1

Well, the point was that those *won't* get data appended
but rather get resized later and *then* filled. IIRC, I used it
for all kinds of receive / decode buffers.

For now, however, the change is fine. Once I got through my
commit backlog, I may run the profiler again and see whether
there is an issue or not.

--Stefan^2.