subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <danie...@elego.de>
Subject Re: Compressed Pristines (Summary)
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 20:30:05 GMT
+1 to what Greg just outlined

Ashod Nakashian wrote on Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 13:28:06 -0700:
> >________________________________
> > From: Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com>
> >My vote is compress for files > N bytes (and store on disk), and stick the others
into a new pristine.db. Maybe compress before inserting into Sqlite. Not sure. Add a few heuristics
for skipping compression on certain files types.
> >Shouldn't be too bad to start with that.
> >Cheers,
> >-g
> >

> I feel this is indeed what we're closing on, at least for an initial working demo. But
I'd like to hear more agreements before committing to this path. I know some did show support
for this approach, but it's hard to track them in the noise.

> So to make it easier, let's either voice support to this suggestion and commit to an
implementation, or voice objection with at least reasons and possibly alternative action.
Silence is passive agreement, so the onus on those opposing ;-)