subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: Compressed Pristines (Summary)
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 11:45:23 GMT
Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> I agree with making svn_wc__pristine_*() smarter and I disagree with
> teaching svn the proper mount(8) flags for all platforms APR supports.

Me too.  (Note: I never said svn should mount filesystems, I just said it would be interesting
to investigate.)

Ashod Nakashian wrote:
>  Greg Stein wrote:
>> My vote is compress for files > N bytes (and store on disk), and stick
>> the others into a new pristine.db. [...]
>
> I feel this is indeed what we're closing on, at least for an initial working
> demo. But I'd like to hear more agreements [...]

I'm happy with that.  Looking forward to it.

> [Managing uncompressed copies of files] is certainly a -minor-
> complication we'll have to deal with. It's just a technicality,

That's great, because I believe that is the only significant issue that needs to be solved
in order to get a simple compressed pristine store completely working to the point where it
could be released.

- Julian