subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1309283 - in /subversion/trunk/subversion: include/private/svn_client_private.h libsvn_client/commit_util.c libsvn_client/copy.c libsvn_client/merge.c libsvn_client/mergeinfo.c libsvn_client/util.c
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 13:17:33 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:
>> Convert svn_client__wc_node_get_origin() to use svn_client__pathrev_t for
>> its output.
>>
>> * subversion/include/private/svn_client_private.h,
>>  subversion/libsvn_client/util.c
>>  (svn_client__wc_node_get_origin): Use pathrev_t for the output.

> This revision certainly shows how pathrev_t is a simplifying concept. Very nice!
> That said: I'd recommend being wary in your work about the struct being an *input* param
in public APIs. There are seriously heavy internal constraints on the struct members. (eg.
pass a struct with a NULL uuid, or even a non-matching one)
> I don't have a recommendation right now for what happens if the struct is made public.
I just wanted to raise a yellow flag. It seems best to keep it very private because of the
difficult constraints/preconditions in its members.

Right, good point.  I'd really like to see this (or something similar) become more widespread
so I hope we can find a satisfactory solution.

- Julian