subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Hyrum K Wright <hyrum.wri...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1208833 - in /subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_wc: status.c update_editor.c util.c wc.h
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 13:16:43 GMT
On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 7:03 AM, Julian Foad <julianfoad@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> Julian Foad wrote:
>
>> hwright@apache.org wrote:
>>>  Log:
>>>  In libsvn_wc, when fetching props for the Ev2 shims, add a flag to the
>>> baton  so we can fetch the proper kind of props, either actual or base,
>>> depending on  the application.
>>
>> That distinction should obviously apply to fetching the text and the node kind
>> as well, not just the props.
>
> The corresponding functions for fetching the kind and the text (svn_wc__fetch_kind_func(),
svn_wc__fetch_base_func()) need updating in the same way, don't they?  At the very least,
if the implementation doesn't need the base kind or the base text *yet*, they should assert
that sfb->fetch_base is false.

They shouldn't ever need updating, I don't think.

fetch_base() is called when we need to know which pristine the server
is sending a delta against.  It will always be the pristine, and not
the working version, since the server has no knowledge of the working
version.  I *think* the same thing is true for kind, but haven't
completely worked it out.

-Hyrum

--

uberSVN: Apache Subversion Made Easy