subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Johan Corveleyn <jcor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.7.3 next week-ish?
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 00:49:15 GMT
On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 12:49 AM, Philip Martin
<philip.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
> Johan Corveleyn <jcorvel@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I actually don't see anything either in the Apache error log (except
>> the child process starting up etc). Or should I look somewhere else?
>
> The error log is the right place.
>
>> Just to add some more info: I can't reproduce with mod_dav_svn from
>> trunk@1237720 or trunk@1239596 (the two revisions which were
>> backported in r1239697).
>>
>> Makes me wonder whether something maybe went wrong during the backport
>> itself (merge conflict resolution)? Or the backported revisions
>> depended on something else which was not backported?
>
> The backport looks correct to me.  One effect of the change is that the
> server no longer sends the bogus '###error###' MD5 checksum property.  I
> suppose you could remove the svn_fs_check_path call at line 699 in
> subversion/mod_dav_svn/liveprops.c and set kind to svn_node_file to
> force the bogus property to be sent.
>
>> (the above findings may need to be confirmed by someone else though.
>> It's getting late here, and I'm trying all sorts of different
>> configurations, so I hope I haven't made any mistakes).
>
> If you want to try debugging the failing command then you can setup the
> test repository:
>
> svnadmin create repo
> svnadmin load repo < subversion/tests/cmdline/svnrdump_tests_data/mergeinfo_included_full.dump
>
> Setup Apache to serve that repository and then the command to debug is:
>
> svnrdump -q -r1:10 http://localhost.../repo

Sorry, need to get some sleep first :-). Maybe tomorrow-night, but
perhaps you guys will have found it by then. Anyway, I tried to help a
bit with the "bisection", but I'm not sure if I'll have the time to
dig deeper. I hope someone else can reproduce and debug it ...

--
Johan