subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Hyrum K Wright <hyrum.wri...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Are you brave enough to manage a Subversion release?
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 03:10:00 GMT
On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Stefan Sperling <stsp@elego.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 04:11:59PM -0600, Hyrum K Wright wrote:
>> though I'd only been hacking on the project for a year or two, I
>> became the de facto release manager.  4 years, 26 releases, 2.5
>> children and 1 soon-to-be-PhD later, I'd like to start helping others
>> learn the release manager role for our project.
>
> Count me in as a volunteer.
> I can try to make some time for a training session next week.

Great!  Now that the holidays are over, I'll be on IRC pretty
regularly, but I'd hope they existing documentation speaks for itself,
which is one of the goals of this exercise.  So I'd encourage you to
start there, and then ping me where clarification is required (or when
my highly-customized scripts become bustificated beyond all
recognition).

> I suppose handing around the RM hat on occasions where you are busy or
> indisposed would be something we could easily manage as a community,
> once you've trained a couple lieutenants.

Yep, that's the hope.

-Hyrum

--

uberSVN: Apache Subversion Made Easy