subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan K√ľng <tortoise...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] Server Dictated Configuration
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 20:28:14 GMT
On 03.01.2012 23:58, Paul Burba wrote:
> Mike Pilato and I have been kicking around some ideas on server
> dictated configuration recently and have put our thoughts into a wiki
> (full disclosure: this wiki was initially based on Hyrum's thoughts on
> the subject in https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/notes/repos-dictated-config)
> :
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/subversion/ServerDictatedConfiguration
>
> We're at a point where it's time to solicit some wider feedback, so
> please have a look at the wiki and follow-up here with any concerns,
> thoughts, suggestions, etc..

Looks good. Just a few thoughts:

* are there namespaces planned (like 'svn:' for the properties) so other
clients can use this feature as well for their own settings?
* is only an admin able to change these configs or can users with commit
access do it as well? If not, I think this should be considered as well
since involving an admin in big companies is always a real pain...

Stefan

--
        ___
   oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"