subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan K√ľng <tortoise...@gmail.com>
Subject svn ls performance
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 21:16:55 GMT
Hi,

Due to a report on the TSVN mailing list I found that the CL client has
the same problem:
'svn list' takes forever in some situations.
I don't know what the problem exactly is, but it's easily reproducable:

svn ls http://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/ -v --depth=immediates
prints one entry, then never returns (ok, maybe not never. But waiting
10 minutes is not enough).

however, an
svn ls http://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/ --depth=immediates
(same command as above, but without the verbose flag) returns the
entries almost immediately.
I don't think that simply fetching the verbose info could take so much
longer?

This is with svn 1.7.2.
The same works fine with svn 1.6.6 - haven't tested with later 1.6 svn
clients since I don't have that version ready here on my machine.

using serf instead of neon doesn't help.

Stefan

--
        ___
   oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"