subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Samuelson <pe...@p12n.org>
Subject Re: [fix ancient snake-2 syntax] ./build/getversion.py
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 19:03:42 GMT

[Douglas Mencken]
> # fix (wrong in year 2011) python2-specific syntax
> sed -i 's/IOError, e/IOError as e/' ./build/getversion.py

To clarify: Doug wanted this so he could build using Python 3.  I've
explained that we don't support Python 3 in the bindings, so it doesn't
really make sense to use it for building source either.

Further checking: the new exception syntax is new to Python 2.6.
Given that this script is only used in dev builds (not from tarballs),
someone remind me: what's our Py version requirement for dev builds?
It is not specified in INSTALL.
--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/