subversion-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: 1.7 Performance via HTTP
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 22:48:36 GMT
On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Mark Phippard <markphip@gmail.com> wrote:
> I rebuilt using latest HEAD of Serf and SVN (no patches applied) and
> re-ran the tests using a 1.7 serf client and both a 1.6 and 1.7 SVN
> server.
>
> While the server was configured according to your recommendations for
> KeepAlive, I did not have mod_deflate turned on.  Also, I am using
> plain HTTP, not SSL.
>
> The numbers were basically the same as I posted before, so I will not
> post them again.  Your fixes seemed to be related to SSL, so I am
> guessing this is not really surprising, but thought I would share
> anyway.

Without more information about your exact configuration (even a
network trace would be very useful!) or someone else stepping up and
reproducing what is different between your setup and mine, I'm simply
not able to reproduce your numbers which show a 2x difference over
HTTP.  There's obviously some variant here that I can't reproduce -
OS, VPN, disk, latency, etc, etc.  My tests using the Subversion
benchmark you posted shows ra_neon and ra_serf being roughly
equivalent...quite likely to the point where pursuing any further
improvements in what I can reproduce has reached diminishing returns.
-- justin

Mime
View raw message