subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Noorul Islam K M <noo...@collab.net>
Subject Re: Input validation observations
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 11:11:19 GMT
Julian Foad <julian.foad@wandisco.com> writes:

> I tried some potentially invalid inputs to "svn" a week or two ago and
> made notes on what I found.  Just posting here in case anyone wants to
> do something about one or more of them.
>
> Noorul, I'm including you in the "To" addresses because you said you
> were looking for more small tasks to do, so feel free to pick one of
> these if you want to.
>
> Where I end with a question mark, it means I'm not sure if we want this
> change, it's just a suggestion.
>

>   * "svn info ^/b" -> "Not a valid URL"; should be "path '/b' not found
> in revision REV"?

Patch attached.

Log
[[[

Make "svn info" to display the actual error message returned by API when
illegal URL is passed.

* subversion/svn/info-cmd.c
  (svn_cl__info): Display the actual error message returned by
  svn_client_info3() instead of a custom one.

Patch by: Noorul Islam K M <noorul{_AT_}collab.net>
]]]

Thanks and Regards
Noorul