subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1041230 - /subversion/trunk/subversion/include/svn_checksum.h
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 06:57:15 GMT
On 12/1/10 4:38 PM, stefan2@apache.org wrote:
> Author: stefan2
> Date: Thu Dec  2 00:38:17 2010
> New Revision: 1041230

> Log:
> Fix the svn_checksum_to_cstring() docstring to actually say what
> was intended. Also, make clear that the behavior is new for 1.7 and
> trying to use it in 1.6 will cause segfaults.
>
> * subversion/include/svn_checksum.h
>    (svn_checksum_to_cstring): fix docstring

What happens if somebody makes a svn tool that is compiled and built against the
new 1.7 behavior and then it is backported to 1.6, it may core dump.

Should we add a svn_checksum_to_cstring2() instead with the new behavior or
backport this change to 1.6?  But even then we'll have 1.6 versions with
different behavior.  It seems making a new svn_checksum_to_cstring2() is better.

Regards,
Blair