subversion-dev mailing list archives

From "C. Michael Pilato" <cmpil...@collab.net>
Subject Some overlooked single-db-isms?
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 05:22:28 GMT
Tonight I ran into a codepath which triggers and assertion.

$ svn up
subversion/libsvn_wc/wc_db.c:383: (apr_err=235000)
svn: In file 'subversion/libsvn_wc/wc_db.c' line 9823: assertion failed
(!update_stub)
Aborted

The assertion is in svn_wc__db_temp_op_set_rev_and_repos_relpath(),
asserting that, when in single-db mode, the caller didn't pass
update_stub=TRUE.  Well, tweak_entries() (in update_editor.c) ultimately
does exactly that via call to tweak_node() with parent_stub=TRUE, and that's
what caused my assertion.

There's another call to tweak_node() in do_update_cleanup() that also passes
parent_stub=TRUE.  I can only assume that, too, can trigger the assertion.
But I haven't run into it in practice myself yet.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato@collab.net>