subversion-dev mailing list archives

From "NOCERA, ANDY (ATTSI)" <an2...@att.com>
Subject RE: Subversion Compile/Test on HPUX11.11: How to review/resolve make check results?
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 14:01:15 GMT
Julian,

Thanks for the follow-up.  I had already found the logs and was trying
to figure out what is broke.    My subversion knowledge is lacking, so
your advice may help.

Thanks,
Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Foad [mailto:julianfoad@btopenworld.com]
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 6:39 AM
To: NOCERA, ANDY (ATTSI)
Cc: dev@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: Subversion Compile/Test on HPUX11.11: How to review/resolve
make check results?

On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 13:06 -0400, NOCERA, ANDY (ATTSI) wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am new to building & testing SVN and I was wondering where to
start
> > in interpreting the failures identified from running make check.

Hi Andy.  As your message was five days ago, I expect you've already got
past this, but if not, start by looking in the file 'tests.log' to find
the detailed output from the first failure, or run the test individually
as:

  subversion/tests/cmdline/utf8_tests.py 3 --verbose

(See
<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdli
ne/README> for details.)

I hope you're getting somewhere.