subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>
Subject Re: mails mails
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 19:07:51 GMT
On 03/11/2010 06:26 PM, Neels J Hofmeyr wrote:
> Mark Phippard wrote:
>> Same here.  Using GMail I didn't even know this was a problem.
>
> Hm, I guess it would be ok to use gmail for svn dev mails :)
> (I don't like to be part of a Big-Corp-Takes-Over-Everything scheme.)
>
> ~Neels

While we're bagging on email, I've noticed another trend lately is that
people reply-all to a commit message and the entire commit is duplicated
and there's a one-line comment at the bottom.  In Thunderbird I need to
scroll down a long ways.  It's wasteful of space and time, so it would
be nice if people took more effort in trimming their replies.

Blair