subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r917772 - in /subversion/trunk/subversion/bindings/javahl: native/ src/org/apache/subversion/javahl/callback/ src/org/tigris/subversion/javahl/ tests/org/apache/subversion/javahl/
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 00:46:50 GMT
On 03/01/2010 02:46 PM, hwright@apache.org wrote:
> Author: hwright
> Date: Mon Mar  1 22:46:45 2010
> New Revision: 917772

> Log:
> JavaHL: Return properties as byte[] throughout the callback interfaces.
>
> We use byte[] in place of String because there could be binary data in the
> property, and the conversion to String would truncate the property at any
> NULL bytes.

Plus the conversion from byte[] to String depends upon the platform's
default character set.

I see there's a number of String's constructed from the byte[].  Those
methods should take an additional java.nio.charset.Charset and then pass
it's name to the String() constructor.  I don't believe there should be
any String's constructed without a Charset argument.

Maybe the svn:date we can presume a UTF-8 character set, but the
svn:author, svn:log we shouldn't.

Regards,
Blair