subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Phippard <markp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Subversion in 2010
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 22:47:09 GMT
On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 5:16 PM, C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato@collab.net> wrote:
> Stefan Sperling wrote:
>> This could be a nice way to break the copy-to problem down into smaller
>> pieces, since it would allow us to implement copy-to information
>> for renames in the client<->server interface before actually storing
>> it in the repository.
>
> copy-to information is effectively stored in the BDB backend already on the
> fs-successor-ids branch.  :-)  You can derive copy-to by checking the
> copy-from info for each successor.   Now, we just need to find a way to
> store that information in FSFS.  Wait -- let me guess -- another sqlite index!

We probably need this feature to implement proper renames.  It sounds
like we need the feature to implement obliterate.  We know we need the
feature for revision graph-type features.

Regardless what it means for fsfs we need to do it.  Implement it with
sqlite and if someone wants a more elegant fsfs-like solution then let
them design and propose it.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard