subversion-dev mailing list archives

From "Hyrum K. Wright" <hyrum_wri...@mail.utexas.edu>
Subject Re: Roadmap for 1.7 end game?
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 20:01:46 GMT

On Dec 17, 2009, at 10:18 AM, Mark Phippard wrote:

> Could someone share the big picture of what is left to do to get us to
> the 1.7 release?  All I know at this point is that it seems like there
> is still a lot of work to do.  Is there a list somewhere that is
> tracking what needs to be done?
>
> Based on the count-progress.py script we really have not made any
> progress towards the release since early October.
>
> Is end of Q1 even still a possibility at this point?

It's all a question of resources.  And with the limited amount of development effort being
applied to 1.7 targeted features, such as wc-ng, it may take a while to get everything finished.
 We've already tried to strip out as much excess as possible, but even the smallest releasable
chunk is still quite sizable.

> I know work is being done, I've just lost track of what is in scope
> for this release and needs to be done to get us to the end.

For WC-NG:
 * Loggy transition
 * Locking improvements
 * Pristine handling
 * Centralizing the metadata
 * API audit and cleanup

That's a very high-level overview, and I may have forgotten something, but those are the kernel
of what remains for wc-ng.

-Hyrum