struts-user mailing list archives

From Yasser Zamani <yasserzam...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Java 11 support
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2019 14:49:16 GMT

I'm not sure if I get your point correctly but I didn't change `target` in [1].

If you meant the user's itself java 11 compiled classes structure, to double verify if it
works, with [1]'s local branch with a few local changes into showcase app, I compiled showcase
app into a war file with JDK11. Inside the war file, I verified that showcase classes are
compiled with JDK11 and WEB-INF\lib\struts-convention-plugin.jar classes are compiled with
JDK7 (via viewing their .class files first 8 bytes) i.e. similar to Sebastian case. I then
deployed that war into tomcat starting with java 11. I saw it launched with no error and I
saw it's bean-validation-example.action (a convention configured action) works fine.

Regards.

[1] https://github.com/apache/struts/pull/315