struts-user mailing list archives

From Yasser Zamani <yasserzam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java 11 support
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2019 11:13:07 GMT
Hi Sebastian, thanks again for your time to feed back! It's really a
great help.

Regarding the web app doesn't work, it always a good practice to enable
devMode and set log mode to warn or at next step to debug.

Kind Regards.

On 1/24/2019 2:11 PM, Sebastian Götz wrote:
> Hello Yasser,
>
> I have followed your instructions. The exceptions are gone although my
> webapp does not work either.
> But I need more time to figure out whether this is a general
> compatibility issue between struts2 2.5.2 and 2.5.20 or a matter of the
> Java 11 compiler.
>

> Am 23.01.2019 um 08:17 schrieb Yasser Zamani:

all tests as well. And sorry for these troubles above! We missed those because we run our
integration tests in struts showcase app only on JDK8 and only with target java 7 (as you
discovered).

>> Could you please check if any further issue persists with my following solution (beside
your workaround for drop-in ASM7 dependency)? I think "This feature requires ASM7" will vanished
with it but I'm not comprehensively sure if any further issue arises after. If so, it would
be nice to fix them in 2.5.21 as well (beside asm.version=7.0).

>> The solution (with thanks to Struts awesome design) :) :
>> 1. Copy org.apache.struts2.convention.DefaultClassFinder and paste to your.app.target.package.ASM7DefaultClassFinder.
>> 2. Replace all Opcodes.ASM5 with Opcodes.ASM7 in your.app.target.package.ASM7DefaultClassFinder.
>> 3. Define the new class your.app.target.package.ASM7ClassFinderFactory as below:
>> import com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.finder.ClassFinder;
>> import com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.finder.ClassFinderFactory;
>> import com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.finder.ClassLoaderInterface;
>> import com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.finder.Test;
>> public class ASM7ClassFinderFactory implements ClassFinderFactory {
>>     public ClassFinder buildClassFinder(ClassLoaderInterface classLoaderInterface,
Collection urls, boolean extractBaseInterfaces, Set protocols, Test classNameFilter) {