struts-user mailing list archives

From Yasser Zamani <yasserzam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java 11 support
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2019 12:37:32 GMT
Hello and Thank you Sebastian!

Could you please continue with this workaround: downgrade OGNL to 3.1.18.
<dependency>
 <groupId>ognl</groupId>
 <artifactId>ognl</artifactId>
 <version>3.1.18</version>
</dependency>
and report if any further issue emerges? If so it's so great to fix them
as well for 2.5.21. If not, then, it's an another evidence to merge [1],
I think :)

Sincerely Yours,
Yasser.

[1] https://github.com/apache/struts/pull/315

On 1/25/2019 12:20 PM, Sebastian Götz wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I can tell you now that my other problems or not related to the ASM
> configuration or Java 11.
> In the Apache JIRA I have created another issues
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-5006) which is related to OGNL
> accessing static fields.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Sebastian
>
> Am 24.01.2019 um 12:13 schrieb Yasser Zamani:
>> Hi Sebastian, thanks again for your time to feed back! It's really a
>> great help.
>>
>> Regarding the web app doesn't work, it always a good practice to enable
>> devMode and set log mode to warn or at next step to debug.
>>
>> Kind Regards.
>>
>> On 1/24/2019 2:11 PM, Sebastian Götz wrote:
>>> Hello Yasser,
>>>
>>> I have followed your instructions. The exceptions are gone although my
>>> webapp does not work either.
>>> But I need more time to figure out whether this is a general
>>> compatibility issue between struts2 2.5.2 and 2.5.20 or a matter of the
>>> Java 11 compiler.

I can see from

ASM 5:

passed all tests as well. And sorry for these troubles above! We missed those because we run
our integration tests in struts showcase app only on JDK8 and only with target java 7 (as
you discovered).

(beside your workaround for drop-in ASM7 dependency)? I think "This feature requires ASM7"
will vanished with it but I'm not comprehensively sure if any further issue arises after.
If so, it would be nice to fix them in 2.5.21 as well (beside asm.version=7.0).

Collection urls, boolean extractBaseInterfaces, Set protocols, Test classNameFilter) {