struts-user mailing list archives

From "FAGES, Amaury" <amaury.fa...@capgemini.com>
Subject RE: [ANN] Apache Struts 2.3.35 GA with Security Fixes Release
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2018 14:07:04 GMT
Hi Struts team, thank you.

We are currently upgrading our flawed apps. Some are 2.3.x, any ETA on 2.3.35 availability
through Maven Central or we are forced for now to add dependency manually on inner repository
?

Thank you.

Amaury Fages
Aspiring Architect |  Center

Capgemini France | Nantes
Tel.: +33 2 49 53 11 34
www.capgemini.com

Connect with Capgemini:

Please consider the environment and do not print this email unless absolutely necessary.
Capgemini encourages environmental awareness.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Yasser Zamani <yasser.zamani@live.com> De la part de Yasser Zamani
Envoyé : mercredi 22 août 2018 09:35
À : Struts User; Struts Announcements; Apache Announce
Objet : [ANN] Apache Struts 2.3.35 GA with Security Fixes Release

The Apache Struts group is pleased to announce that Struts 2.3.35 is available as a “General
Availability” release. The GA designation is our highest quality grade.

In addition to critical overall proactive security improvements, this release addresses one
potential security vulnerability:
- Possible Remote Code Execution when using results with no namespace and in same time, its
upper action(s) have no or wildcard namespace.
Same possibility when using url tag which doesn’t have value and action set. - S2-057 -
http://struts.apache.org/docs/s2-057.html

Apache Struts 2 is an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java web
applications. The framework is designed to streamline the full development cycle, from building,
to deploying, to maintaining applications over time.

All developers are strongly advised to perform this action.

The 2.3.x series of the Apache Struts framework has a minimum requirement of the following
specification versions: Servlet API 2.4, JSP API 2.0, and Java 6.

Should any issues arise with your use of any version of the Struts framework, please post
your comments to the user list, and, if appropriate, file a tracking ticket.

You can download this version from our download page.
http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts-23x

Regards.
are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,