struts-user mailing list archives

From Prasanth <dbad...@pangburngroup.com>
Subject Re: Struts2 login action class seems to be reused
Date Wed, 16 May 2018 14:55:38 GMT
Martin,

We have the cookie config in the application.

         <session-config>
              <session-timeout>20</session-timeout>
              <cookie-config>
                  <path>/</path>
                <http-only>true</http-only>
                <secure>true</secure>
        </cookie-config>
         </session-config>

Thanks,
Prasanth

On 05/15/2018 04:03 PM, Martin Gainty wrote:

> 8443 indicates secure connection so perhaps a misconfig with wildfly standalone.xml
(see below)

> <servlet-container name="pasala">
>  <session-cookie http-only="true" secure="true"/> <!-- enable secure cookies
with secure = true -->

>  <jsp-config/>
> </servlet-container>
>
> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY10/Admin+Guide#AdminGuide-SessionCookieConfiguration
> Admin Guide - WildFly 10 - Project Documentation Editor <https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY10/Admin+Guide#AdminGuide-SessionCookieConfiguration>
> docs.jboss.org
> Target audience. This document is a guide to the setup, administration, and configuration
of WildFly. Prerequisites. Before continuing, you should know how to download, install and
run WildFly.

> ?
>
> can you ping wildfly userlist ?
> https://developer.jboss.org/en/wildfly
> Space: WildFly |JBoss Developer <https://developer.jboss.org/en/wildfly>
> developer.jboss.org
> Log in to follow, share, and participate in this community. Not a member? Join Now!
>

> jaikiran is a good resource that i met on a different userlist..i would definitely ping
him
> stay in  touch/let me know if setting session-cookie in standalone.xml works
>
> M-
> NB: I once contracted to the company that bought wildfly..we had to figure configuration
by ourselves

> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is saying it did not send any cookie (which is want I would except in this case as it is just
requesting the login
> page)
>
> Cookie: JSESSIONID=ZclUN41sWwTsPGRw7Cf255OHu7jnQtgt4rEZ2QDZ.xxxxxxxx    (xxxxxx -
is the machine name on which wildfly is running)
> Connection: keep-alive
>
> 10:09:09,150 ERROR [org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.DefaultDispatcherErrorHandler] (default
task-20) Exception occurred during processing request: UT000010: Session is invalid
> ZclUN41sWwTsPGRw7Cf255OHu7jnQtgt4rEZ2QDZ: java.lang.IllegalStateException: UT000010:
Session is invalid ZclUN41sWwTsPGRw7Cf255OHu7jnQtgt4rEZ2QDZ

> ------------From JMeter---------------------------------------------------
> GET https://dev.secure.pangburngroup.com:8443/participant/
>
> GET data:
>

> [no cookies]
>
> Request Headers:
> Connection: keep-alive
> Host: dev.secure.xxxxxxxxxxx.com:8443
>
> Thanks,
> Prasanth
>
> On 05/15/2018 07:44 AM, Martin Gainty wrote:
> > Hi Norbert/Prasanth
> >
> > Struts2 login action problem has morphed to "Invalid Session State"with Wildfly's
implementation of TC 5.5

> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WildFly <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WildFly>
> >
> > [https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a3/Wildfly_logo.png/200px-Wildfly_logo.png]<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WildFly
> <https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a3/Wildfly_logo.png/200px-Wildfly_logo.png]%3Chttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WildFly>>
> >
> > WildFly - Wikipedia<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WildFly>
> > en.wikipedia.org
> > WildFly, formerly known as JBoss AS, or simply JBoss, is an application server authored
by JBoss, now developed by Red Hat.WildFly is written in Java and implements the Java Platform,
Enterprise
> Edition (Java EE) specification.
> >

> > MG>as a debugging exercise I would dump HTTP Header attributes with
> >
> > http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/ <http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/>
> >
> > mozdev.org - livehttpheaders: index<http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/>
> > livehttpheaders.mozdev.org
> > Welcome to the livehttpheaders project.. The goal of this project is to adds information
about the HTTP headers in two ways: First by adding a 'Headers' tab in 'View Page Info' of
a web page.

> > MG>then check JSESSIONID
> >
> > MG>a fellow named "Thomas" had a similar problem with incorrect JSESSIONID
> > MG>and corrected with his own StandardManager findSession method
> > https://www.thecodingforums.com/threads/session-problem-jsessionid-cookie-comes-back-with-double-quotes.140442/
> >
> > Yes, there is! I found it and implemented this solution: A class
> > extending org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager and overriding
> > the method public Session findSession(String id) throws IOException -
> > simply removing quotation marks, if any! Seems to work fine.
> > Thanks for putting me on the right trail!
> >
> > MG>assuming your TC has incorrect StandardManager can you update wildfly with
a more updated version?
> > MG>here are versions
> > https://developer.jboss.org/wiki/VersionOfTomcatInJBossAS?_sscc=t
> > true<https://developer.jboss.org/wiki/VersionOfTomcatInJBossAS?_sscc=t>
> > developer.jboss.org
> > What version of Apache Tomcat ships with JBoss Application Server JBossAS version
Ships with Tomcat Servlet Spec JSP Spec 3.2.3 4.1.29 2.3

> > MG>personally i wouldnt muck with TC i would suggest upgrading wildfly and getting
jboss-web container

> > hth
> > martin
> >

> > ________________________________

and ran jmeter to access login page, with out putting any username or password. Out of the
100 attempts 2 attempts were
> >> successful in getting in with out username/password. I am seeing database login
entries for these two. Which would happen only if a valid session is not present and user
has provided
> username/password.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Prasanth

was recently moved to struts2. Immediately after the deployment we were notified that one
user is seeing a different user
it. But after investigating the logs it seems like couple users were logged in as soon as
they requested the login page.
in the action class, but the fact that there is no POST entry at that time from that IP in
my access log makes me believe

other pages. In this filter I have the below two lines, we had to do this as we will have
requests forwarded from one
for ActionMapping class and valueStack. Not sure if the behavior is a side effect of having
the below lines.

ActionMapping());