struts-user mailing list archives

From LAW Andy <andy....@roslin.ed.ac.uk>
Subject Re: No container in actions after upgrading to 2.5.13
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2017 14:28:07 GMT

> On 11 Sep 2017, at 15:13, Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlenart@apache.org> wrote:

>> (Indirectly) from a JSP. This is “furniture” on the web page.
>>
>> Each action has an “ActionPropertyKey” annotated on it. Each Action inherits
from a base class that has a getActionTitle() method on it.

>> JSP furniture calls getActionTitle() which extracts the Action-specific property
key, appends “.title” and then looks for the appropriate string from a properties file.
It’s in there that the getText() call gets hit.

> Strange, this should work. Do you request such JSPs via action or directly?

And it *did* work until I upgraded to 2.5.13 :(

Not *quite* sure what you’re asking with regard to the request and JSPs bit, but I’ll
try to describe:

applicationContext.xml configures (amongst other things) an Action class that acts as the
top-level of the app. This page lists some introductory text and a series of options that
are configured in that Spring <bean> declaration. Each one of the options effectively
declares a different “namespace” that the app will run under. You can think of it as something
like a list of towns, where clicking on any of the town options will take you to the same
app interface, but with data that pertains just to that town.

The rest of the Actions are then configured in struts.xml.

Each action returns a result string which is mapped to a JSP in the struts.xml config file,
so I think the answer to your question is “via action” but please clarify if I’ve misinterpreted.

Later,

Andy

> Regards
> --
> Łukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.