struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: No container in actions after upgrading to 2.5.13
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2017 13:53:15 GMT
> I recently upgraded the struts 2 library in an old web application from 2.5.10.1 to 2.5.13.
Simultaneously I upgraded Spring (which we use for managing the database connections and some
other bits and bobs) from 4.3.7 to 4.3.10.

> Now, the application runs but the actions do not have a Container injected. This manifests
itself when I try to call getText() - there is no TextProvider so the library tries to get
one from a TextProviderFactory which comes from the Container which is null which means I
get an NPE and a blank returned value. Rolling back the dependencies to the previous versions
reverts to correct behaviour.

Can you post an example code of your action?

Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/