struts-user mailing list archives

From LAW Andy <andy....@roslin.ed.ac.uk>
Subject No container in actions after upgrading to 2.5.13
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2017 13:51:17 GMT
I recently upgraded the struts 2 library in an old web application from 2.5.10.1 to 2.5.13.
Simultaneously I upgraded Spring (which we use for managing the database connections and some
other bits and bobs) from 4.3.7 to 4.3.10.

Now, the application runs but the actions do not have a Container injected. This manifests
itself when I try to call getText() - there is no TextProvider so the library tries to get
one from a TextProviderFactory which comes from the Container which is null which means I
get an NPE and a blank returned value. Rolling back the dependencies to the previous versions
reverts to correct behaviour.

I am at a loss as to what needs to be reconfigured in order to get this web app back up and
running again with the more up-to-date libraries.

FWIW, I’m developing in NetBeans using maven and running on Tomcat 8.0.21.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

TIA.

Andy Law
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.