struts-user mailing list archives

From LAW Andy <andy....@roslin.ed.ac.uk>
Subject Re: No container in actions after upgrading to 2.5.13
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2017 09:13:24 GMT

> On 12 Sep 2017, at 09:47, LAW Andy <andy.law@roslin.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
>

>> On 11 Sep 2017, at 22:50, LAW Andy <andy.law@roslin.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
>>

>>> Did you try "devmode=true" and then examining output for any warning?
>>

>> I did. And there’s nothing obvious.
>>

> Scrub that - there is something coming up (I think I must have been looking at the wrong
debug output last night).

> 6727 [http-nio-8082-exec-5] DEBUG com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.AbstractLocalizedTextProvider
[] - Base class org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader doesn't contain 'resourceEntries'
field, trying with parent!
> java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: resourceEntries
>

> OK. That gives me a start.

Running against Apache 8.5.20 removes the above error message, but I still get the same problem
with a Null Container inside my actions - which leads to an NPE when I try to call getText()…

Later,

Andy

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.