struts-user mailing list archives

From LAW Andy <andy....@roslin.ed.ac.uk>
Subject Re: No container in actions after upgrading to 2.5.13
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2017 14:09:04 GMT

> On 11 Sep 2017, at 15:03, Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlenart@apache.org> wrote:

>> I probably could, but I think this is less of an Action problem and more of a struts/spring
dependency injection problem. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the Action class
code itself, unless there’s an annotation that I need to add now that wasn’t necessary
with 2.5.10.1

> How do you call the getText() method? in a constructor? or when
> initializing a field?

(Indirectly) from a JSP. This is “furniture” on the web page.

Each action has an “ActionPropertyKey” annotated on it. Each Action inherits from a base
class that has a getActionTitle() method on it.

JSP furniture calls getActionTitle() which extracts the Action-specific property key, appends
“.title” and then looks for the appropriate string from a properties file. It’s in there
that the getText() call gets hit.