struts-user mailing list archives

From LAW Andy <andy....@roslin.ed.ac.uk>
Subject Re: No container in actions after upgrading to 2.5.13
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2017 16:27:09 GMT
Does anyone know if the default autowiring method changed in Struts between 2.5.10 and 2.5.13?

> On 11 Sep 2017, at 15:28, LAW Andy <andy.law@roslin.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
>

>> On 11 Sep 2017, at 15:13, Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlenart@apache.org> wrote:

>>> (Indirectly) from a JSP. This is “furniture” on the web page.
>>>
>>> Each action has an “ActionPropertyKey” annotated on it. Each Action inherits
from a base class that has a getActionTitle() method on it.

>>> JSP furniture calls getActionTitle() which extracts the Action-specific property
key, appends “.title” and then looks for the appropriate string from a properties file.
It’s in there that the getText() call gets hit.

>> Strange, this should work. Do you request such JSPs via action or directly?
>
> And it *did* work until I upgraded to 2.5.13 :(
>
> Not *quite* sure what you’re asking with regard to the request and JSPs bit, but I’ll
try to describe:

> applicationContext.xml configures (amongst other things) an Action class that acts as
the top-level of the app. This page lists some introductory text and a series of options that
are configured in that Spring <bean> declaration. Each one of the options effectively
declares a different “namespace” that the app will run under. You can think of it as something
like a list of towns, where clicking on any of the town options will take you to the same
app interface, but with data that pertains just to that town.

> The rest of the Actions are then configured in struts.xml.
>
> Each action returns a result string which is mapped to a JSP in the struts.xml config
file, so I think the answer to your question is “via action” but please clarify if I’ve
misinterpreted.