struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jason D. Burkert" <jason.burk...@craytek.com>
Subject Re: Which Struts Version To Use?
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2017 15:15:15 GMT
On 2017-09-18 11:05 AM, Phillips, Bruce A wrote:
> We still have a couple of web apps that are using Struts version 2.3.32
>
> We want to update those web apps to the latest version of Struts but I’m not sure what
version to update to.

> I see a 2.5.13 and a 2.3.34 – both tags seem to be recently created.
>
> Should I update to 2.5.13 or should I stay on the 2.3.X line?
>
> Why are there different production tags (2.5.X and 2.3.X) ?
>
> Thank You,
>
> Bruce Phillips

Hello Bruce,

If you have existing web apps using 2.3.32 it would be easiest to update
to 2.3.34 for the latest security updates.

In the future, to use the 2.5.x series, you'll need to perform some
migration steps.  Review the Version Notes for 2.5 to get started,
especially "Internal Changes" and "Package names have changed".
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Version+Notes+2.5

As to why there are both 2.3.x series and 2.5.x series releases, my
understanding is that one significant reason is "Struts2 is now build
with JDK7" as of the first 2.5 release.

-Jason